It is my gorgeous Skye’s birthday today! And … as is typical of a 17 year old … she spent most of her time before school responding to text messages on her phone! HHHmmm… no time for mum to reminisce! Oh well … at least I can show you her birthday card!
I FINALLY gave in and ordered this set … it has been on my “wish list” since the IB&C came out in April. I think I have been really restrained!!! But … I have just received a “sneak peek” of the new mini catalogue … and have SO MUCH to add to my wish list AGAIN!!! Oh no! But … I can’t wait for you all to see it! (It starts 1 Aug!) You are going to love it!
So … here is Skye’s Birthday Card … she loves pink!!!
This new set is called “Flight of the Butterfly” and is a two-step stamping set. Just gorgeous … lots of combinations and I am sure I will use it heaps! I did CASE this from a card I saw on Splitcoast designed by Peggy-Sue Stuckky who is a US demo. (No blog as far as I can see!) Mine is a little different … but isn’t it a sweet design!? And … so simple to create!
- Stamp Sets: Flight of the Butterfly, Sweet Stems
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Passion
- Inks: Basic Black, Pink Passion + Pink Passion Marker
- Accents: Silver Pearls (non SU!), Silver Dew Drop (non SU!), Pink Dew Drops (non SU!), Pink Fabric Flower (non SU!), Dazzling Diamonds (added with 2-way glue pen)
- Detail: Butterflies stamped in black onto white card … and in pink onto pink card. Pink butterflies cut out and stuck onto black images to give a “shadow” effect. ALSO: I did use my Stamp-a-ma-jig for ALL the stamping on this card … I wanted to make sure everything was placed exactly where I wanted … and because I was cutting the butterflies out … I wanted the two-step stamp images to line up as well! Please don’t underestimate HOW HANDY a Stamp-a-ma-jig is … I am so glad to have it in my product stash! I use if frequently!
I had so much fun creating this card … using my new stamp set … and playing with pink & black! (I love pink & black together!!!) Hope it inspires you to get out your stamps today! Back with more asap!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.