Hello! Time for another little Chrissy project. I hope you are enjoying this Christmas Extravaganza inspiration! Stampin’ Up! is running a special promotion to encourage us all to take a little time out to enjoy creating for Christmas. What a great excuse to stop & play for a little while! Here is another quick and easy ornament for your Christmas tree.
- Styrofoam Ball
- Long Sewing Pins with pearl heads
- Boho Blossoms Punch or Spring Flower Bouquet Punch
- Gold Encore Ink Pad
- Scraps of Christmas DSP
- Scraps of cardstock to match DSP
- Press Gold ink pad all over the surface of the foam ball & leave to dry – this ink helps to fill in the gaps where the flowers may not completely cover the ball
- Punch out flower shapes from the DSP & cardstock
- Once the ink on the ball is dry – use the pins to attach the punched shapes all over the ball beginning with the larger flowers & filling in the gaps with the smaller ones
- Attach a ribbon loop to the top of the ball with another pin.
See! I told you these projects were simple! 😀 You will find the styrofoam balls are available from many of the Warehouse/Reject shop retailers. For my Friday class members … I have some balls for you to collect at our next class!
All images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2008. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock
My wife make quite a few ornaments similar to this and
is also very happy as to how easy it is. Though she says it
is much easier to use the new “Smoothfoam” smooth balls
that you can use shorter pins and they stay in. Or use
a glue gun. She buys the smoothfoam balls from here
Andrea adds: Thanks for the tip … I’m sure it will be helpful to everyone!
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your blog – it is fantastic!!!
You are in my favourites!! Please put me down for one of the new mini catalogues – i can see this site is going to become very expensive for me.
Andrea adds: Hi Karen! So nice to see you here! I am so glad you enjoyed having a look at my blog! I have a list for the Summer Mini Cattys … and you will be on it! I hope you will find some inspiration here to really have fun with stamping! I am always here to answer any questions! Feel free to contact me at any time! Hugs, Andrea
Comments are closed.