Hi cyber stampers!
You would have seen me post a “Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge” a couple of times on my blog. I have only fairly recently discovered these challenges and have enjoyed giving them a go! I really enjoy sharing them with my blog readers … and hope that you all use these as inspiration for a card layout! I wanted to let you know that Julee (Poetic Artistry & Mojo Monday creator) has moved her Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge to it’s own blog … so it is easy to keep up to date with what is happening! I have put a link in my sidebar to make it easy for you to find! I hope you enjoy these challenges … and I hope to post my creations based on the sketches a bit more regularly!
I love the new Mojo Sketch Challenge … I had fun creating this card … and have entered it into Julee’s challenge. Do you want to have a go? I was excited to see the oval spot as I had only just this week purchased my SU! oval punch … so I put it to good use for this sketch!
Here is my creation based on this sketch. I based the colours on the Bali Breeze paper … and it just flowed from there!
- Stamp Sets:
- Yummy (FREE S-A-B set – you can earn yours, too!)
- Simply Said (A FAV of mine!!)
- Card & Papers:
- Taken with Teal – A5 – 14.8 x 10.5 cm
- Bali Breeze DSP – 14.3 x 10 cm + 14.3 x 3 cm (reverse side)
- Old Olive – 10.4 x 5.2 cm + 14.3 x 3.7 cm + scrap for oval
- Whisper White – 10.2 x 5 cm + scrap for oval
- Inks Used:
- Taken with Teal – pad & marker
- Old Olive – pad & marker
- Oval Punch
- Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon
- Half pearls from “Pretties Kit”
- The main image was inked with Old Olive Stamp Pad & then I ran my Taken with Teal Marker over a few random spots & a couple of letters just to add a little interest. I used my markers to ink the hearts & the “with love” images. The flowers were all inked with stamp pads … and the old olive of the largest flower was “stamped off” onto paper first … to soften the colour & allow the teal outline to show better. You know … I had NEVER noticed the “squiggle” in the centre of this flower stamp until today! How weird … ‘cos I have used this stamp heaps of times before!
- The half pearls & ribbon bow were all attached with mini glue dots & the “with love” was lifted off the card with dimensionals.
- All the stamped images were postioned using my Stamp-a-ma-jig … you really can’t survive without one of these great tools! I use it constantly … and especially for a card like this one … where I am positioning several images in the one frame. It is fantastic!
I hope you enjoy this Mojo sketch … and will try this one for yourself. Send me a pic & I will put it on my blog (as long as the photo is good enough quality!) And … don’t forget to check out the new Mojo Blog … there is a team of designers who create more examples of the sketches to inspire your creativity!
All images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock