Hi girls … this is a bit of a novelty card … and I imagine you will need the right sort of stamp set … something fishy … to make this look ok … but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I actually made this for Shane’s 21st but Gav wasn’t that keen on it … so ended up doing another. Now I have this ready for the next 21st I need one for! 😀
Now … promise me you won’t look toooooo hard at the ovals! Again … these were cut BEFORE I got my FAB NEW cutter with oval & circle templates! If I do another … the ovals will be perfect! But … this one is a bit “wonky”.
So … this is called an Gel card (for obvious reasons!!! 😀 ) It is not hard … really & truly. Here are the instructions:
- I have chosen “Gable Green” (one of my favourites) as the main card & run my “Fishy” wheel stamp all over as a background.
- Then I cut an oval in the front – big enough to stamp a few images inside
- Next I cut a piece of ballet blue card to fit inside the front of the card (14.3 x 10 cm) & then cut an oval that is about 3 mm smaller all around than the green oval. This creates the blue frame for the oval shape. Glue this to the inside of the card with snail adhesive.
- Then … cut a piece of Whisper White the same size (14.3 x 10 cm) & use the oval window as a template to trace around lightly with pencil (so you can rub it out later). This gives you an idea where to stamp your images on your card so they appear where you want them in the window
- Then stamp & colour your images on the WW card – I have used “Fishy Friends” & some circles to look like bubbles from “Priceless” & “Just Cricket” (yep! I used the cricket ball … I am a little short on circle stamps – I realised! 😀 ) Rub out the pencil marks!
- Using a snap lock bag that is small enough to fit inside the card … add some clear hair gel (you don’t need a lot – but enough to spread around to make it look like there is water inside) … make sure the lock is snapped shut properly then glue to the inside of the card with craft glue.
- Then glue the WW image card onto the inside so the image shows through the window & the snap lock bag is safely secured between the blue & white card.
- Stamp a 21 on Whisper White with Short Order Numbers 2 & 1 … and frame with ballet blue. Attach with some cord to a ribbon that is tied across the top of the card.
I hope those instructions are clear enough for you to understand! Here is a pic of the window section enlarged for better detail. I had fun creating this one … and even though hubby wasn’t keen … I thought it came up pretty good!
And … just to finish … it is really sad to hear that the death toll for the bush fires is now 181. It is about the only thing we are hearing on the news at the moment. For those who are reading from overseas … thanks for your good wishes … but we are actually about 8 hours (drive) away from the bush fires … so it is not directly impacting us. But … it is hard not to feel deeply for those who have lost so much! We can only help out with donations … and pray for those who are affected! The response to collections for goods, accommodation, helpers & the cash donations that have been raised are staggering from such a small population country! Aussies certainly know how to help a mate and are so generous in times of crisis! It does warm your heart and makes you proud to be Australian. It is also amazing to hear of the offers from our overseas friends, also! Thank you everyone!