Hi again … another treat for Easter … a colour challenge this time!!! I hope I am keeping you busy over the Easter Break!!?? 😀 This is Kristina’s latest colour challenge … and although I have missed the deadline … I LOVED these colours together soooo much … that I just had to try it! I think this is going to be a new favourite colour combination … and I can’t wait to try it again with a card.
But … today … I have a photo layout for you! Yep! Haven’t done one in a while … but thought this challenge would make some great colours for a photo page … AND IT DID!!! 😀
You can see some more stamps from the FABULOUS “Petal Pizzazz” stamp set that is new in this year’s IB&C! I am already in love with this set … and can see that I will be using it heaps. There is another image in this set that I haven’t used here that also fits the scallop circle punch! Super! 😀 Don’t you just love these colours!?
Photo Page Recipe:
- Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
- Inks: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Versamark, Choc Chip Marker, Always Artichoke Marker
- Stamp set: Petal Pizzaz, Sanded Background
- Clear Rhinestone Brads in the centre of both flowers (new to this catty)
- Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon (new to this catty)
- Chocolate flower: Image stamped with Versamark then “heat & stick” powder sprinkled on top … and heat set with heat tool. Then sprinkled again with Chocolate Supernova glitter & reheated to set.
- Large flower: Image stamped onto Baja Breeze stamp pad … then the edges were inked with Choc Chip Marker around the tips of the petals (similar to Rock & Roll technique … but this gives a little more “control” with the edge colour)
- All images were cut by hand
- Scallop edge punched used on both sides of choc chip strip
- Background card: Baja Breeze card stamped with Choc Chip ink using Sanded background stamp. Sponging around edge with Choc Chip ink & sponge dauber.
So … this is probably the last post while I am away … will try and get here on Tuesday to post something else. I have plenty still to show you!
Take advantage of the Easter break and make sure you sleep in! I hope I can! Although … when you are camping it is dependant on how noisy your neighbours are!!! 😀
See you soon …
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.
That Fine Supernova Glitter is just gorgeous isn’t it?
Can’t wait to get hold of some and have a play!
Gorgeous page Andrea. I’m seeing a lot of Sanded BG and floral combos around lately…….I love the look!
Yep….Sanded is now on my wishlist too *sigh* 😉
Andrea adds: Yes … Sanded is a brand newy for me … am loving it! And … really like the sparkle of the Supernova glitter.
Comments are closed.