Tues 14 Apr 2009: Hi everyone! Well … this was supposed to arrive automatically for you on Friday! But … DUH! 😕 I forgot to hit the “schedule” button … and arrived back to find it still sitting in my draft box!!! And … DUH! It is now too late to submit this for the official challenge 😦 … but I thought I would share it with you just the same!!! So … you need to imagine this post came before my KWerner colour challenge post!!! 😀
Fri 10 Apr 2009: Hello … another sketch – this time a Mojo Monday one! I hope you get some time over Easter to stamp … and wanted to give you a couple of sketch ideas to get you going. Don’t forget … I am always happy to share your creations here on my blog … so feel free to send an email with your pic attached … and I will add it to the appropriate post! Make sure you check out the gorgeous designs for this sketch -> Mojo Monday #81.
I just love the new “Tangerine Tango” – one of the new in-colours in the 2009/10 IB&C. Another of the paper packs I bought was the “Tangerine Tango Patterns” DSP … and I thought I might do a mono chrome card for this one. I have teamed the Tangerine Tango with Blush Blossom & Whisper White … such a pretty & fresh combination!
- Cards & Paper:
- Tangerine Tango: A5 & 2 x (4.35 x 13.5cm)
- Blush Blossom: 10.2 x 14.5cm, 4.3 x 4.3cm & 4.3 x 6.3cm + scrap for outline base of large flower + scraps for punching small flowers
- Whisper White: 4 x 4cm, 4 x 6cm, + scrap for stamping large flower
- Tangerine Tango Patterns DSP: 2 x (4 x 13.2cm)
- Stamp Sets: BRAND NEW “Petal Pizzazz”, Verve verse, Eastern Blooms (small flower)
- Inks Used: Tangerine Tango, Blush Blossom
- Ribbon: Whisper White grosgrain, Tangerine Tango Striped Grosgrain
- 3 flowers: punched with NEW Triple Flower punch from Blush Blossom card & sponged with Tangerine Tango ink
- Large flower: Petal Pizzazz image stamped with Tangerine Tango and with Orange “Supernova” Glitter (NEW for this catalogue) glued with 2-way glue pen
- Rectangle & Square images – sponged edge – Tangerine Tango
- Orange Rhinestone brad
HINT: Now … I have a really good hint for using the BRAND NEW Supernova Glitter. These glitters are such dynamic colours … and are super fine … which also means they are fairly “static”. They tend to stick to everything – including the powder pal tray. So … it is a MUST to use your Embossing buddy with these glitters. And … to stop it sticking to the tray … make sure you powder quite a thick layer of powder from the Embossing buddy all over the tray before using the glitter. I found this worked REALLY REALLY well … with the glitter just sliding back into the pot instead of sticking to the tray! And … also make sure you use your Embossing buddy on your cardstock to prevent it from sticking where you don’t want it to stick!
Having said that … I do love the colours … and I have also tried embossing with these (just as you would with the Dazzling Diamonds) and it worked really well. (Especially with the Embossing Buddy!) They are not hard to work with … and give such funky spectacular results! I have used this great “Petal Pizzazz” set on a couple of new projects which I will show you over the next few days … but already have fallen in love with it! So much to show you … can’t wait for you to see it all … but you will have to be patient! 😀
I hope this comes through for you ok. I am away at the moment … but have saved a couple of posts to come through at different times during the weekend!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009 & Verve Stamps. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.