Hi girls … We had fun at team training last night and learnt how to do paper casting from my friend (& downline) Sarah! Thanks Sarah! Mine are nice & dry this morning … and I can’t wait to do something with them … but in the meantime … here is another card I created with the new in-colours.
- Cardstock & Papers: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP
- Inks: Pink Pirouette & Riding Hood Red
- Stamp Set: A Happy Heart
- Accessories & Accents: Gold Cord (ret. SU!), Scallop Edge Punch, Small & Large oval punches, Paper piercer & mat pack, White Gel Pen
- Hearts are inked with Pink Pirouette ink & then the edges are rolled around on the Riding Hood Red stamp pad to create the red edge then stamped onto Whisper White card. (This is called “Rock & Roll” Technique). Then I have cut around each with my paper snips.
- The “1heartu” stamp is stamped with RHR ink on Whisper White card and is punched with the small oval punch. I have also punched a frame of RHR card with the large oval punch. Both ovals have been distressed around the edges
- The “ric rac” edging is done with the scallop edge punch – punch along one side of 1″ strip of card … and then do the same on the other side – but make sure you line the scallops to fit each inside “point” into the centre of the opposite “scallop”. (Does that make any sense at all?) 😀 In other words … don’t match your opposite scallops … make sure they are moved 1/2 a scallop along. Then run your paper piercer down the centre … marking all the dots and finish with the “stitching” – I used white gel pen for the “faux stitching”.
- The RHR strip on the left side of the DSP is actually the offcut from the scallop strip! I ran some 2-way glue along this strip and loosely wound the cord … then stuck it lightly to the card. Then I was able to re work the cord … moving loops up and down the strip carefully … until they were sitting in the right place. Then press firmly on the strip to make it more secure.
Well … have to go get organised … Sandy has a friend coming over … and his mum & I are going to have a nice chat & a cuppa! We haven’t caught up in ages … and I am looking forward to a nice day with a lovely friend!
Oh … and just in case you were wondering … I did get my Mother’s Day swap cards done … and got some wonderful samples in return last night! I will pop back sometime soon to show you some of them! And … I also managed to design 2 of my 5 swap cards designs for Convention! Only 3 more to design … and then only 50 more to make!!!!! 😀
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.