AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND NATIONAL STAMPIN’ UP! CONVENTION – CANBERRA – 1 & 2 MAY 2009
I am sorry … It has been such a busy day AGAIN!!! I had to write on Facebook yesterday in my status “Andrea is so busy today that she had to make a priority list of her priority list”!!! 😀
I can’t wait to share some of the things I learnt at Convention … and show you some of the exquisite swaps that I received. I was also going to show you my swaps before I left. But … that just didn’t happen … did it!!!??? 😉 So … I still have to do that post!!! 😀
Anyway, I really really need to get my Saturday workshop organised … in case I need some supplies … but thought I would pop by first and share some Convention snaps! A few people have asked me … What is the the BEST thing about Convention???? Well I will tell you …
WAS IT ……..
- the “Workshop WOW’s”??? – You know … those amazing, legendary demonstrators who demo some new techniques / projects or combine some new awesome products in a way you have never thought of???
WAS IT ……..
- the inspirational sessions with Aussie demos?????– Loved the class by Sarah Klass on recruiting!!! 😀 (yes … we giggled at that pun!) And … Alison Charlton (one of Ness’ girls – 2nd downline) gave a FAB talk on wise investments … in other words … Can you really afford to buy ALL those stamp sets. She had some great hints on how to choose wisely!!!
WAS IT ……..
- the “special guest” demonstrations??? – Even Shelli herself did a half hour project & card demo … and I am telling you … she is REALLY talented! (She convinced me to buy a stamp set that I had never considered … just because of the gorgeous projects she used it for!!!!) Keesh & Marelle (favourite blogs of mine) both did knockout demos with stunning projects … and super helpful advice about running workshops.
WAS IT ……..
- the optional Leadership class??? – that made us all realise that we can be a great support & make a huge effort with our downlines … but that it is shown that (I think they said) 90% of motivation is self motivation. So … we are here to support & encourage … but they are the ones running their business. As Ness commented after, it was kinda “liberating”. (Ok … my recruits are not to start panicking now!!! I am not going to abandon you all!!!)
WAS IT ……..
- the hilarious talk by Derek Christensen???? (manager, international business support from US) – about “carrots / hard boiled eggs & coffee beans!!! He even had us dancing in the aisles! (Don’t worry … it was only for a moment … I don’t want to scare anyone off next year’s Convention)
- the delicious packed lunches & the incredible awards banquet??? – mmmm … just couldn’t complain about the food … plenty of it … and scrumptious!________________________
WAS IT ……..
- momento mall??? – as if we didn’t have enough to spend money on once we had added all those extra stamp sets we had seen demo-d to our wish list!!! Momento mall … not quite as “stocked” as I imagined … but I LOVE my new “Manhatten Flower umbrella” – designed around the “Fifth Avenue Floral” stamp set! Cute stationery items & drink bottles! Lotsa fun chatting to the US girls on the checkout!
- the awards & recognition ceremony??? Well … considering I got to do a “Stage Walk” … even if only briefly for a 20+K sales award … it was a highlight … and a thrill for me. But … it was even more exciting cheering Ness on with all her awards … I think she did 7 stage walks including no. 4 demo of the year … and Incentive trip. Sarah, Leonie & Anna were VERY enthusiastic with their cheering!!!
WAS IT ……..
- the gorgeous Crowne Plaza Hotel??? – lovely spacious & comfortable room AND yummy brekkie buffets!!!
Which of these do you think was my very favourite thing about Convention? I think my photos might give it away!!!___
Actually … it wasn’t any thing on that REALLY IMPRESSIVE list … and I’m sure if I didn’t mention anything else … this has already convinced you to book your ticket for next year! But …
It was … the friendships! Yep! I had the best “girls weekend away” ever! I had the best “roomies” a girl could ask for … thanks Tracey & Julie for all the chats … the encouragement … the hugs for moments that needed hugs … the sharing about family … the cheering & clapping … the ooohing & aaaahing together … and just being together all weekend. We had so much fun! It was also the rest of Ness’ team … particularly Sarah (my downline & special buddy) … and Leonie & Anna who were the “life of the party” all weekend. Their excitement & enthusiasm was sooooo contagious! You couldn’t help but smile just watching them! It was also a great chance to meet some of my blog friends who I was so anxious to meet. I was especially thrilled to meet Keesh, Alisa (demo no. 2 – & just lovely!) & also Ngaire (demo no. 1 !!! – but so humble!) It was great to catch up with Leonie S again. And everyone was sooo super friendly. But … it was also Ness‘ kindness and enthusiasm for my itty bitty award … and the excitement she showed me in winning that award! She is such a hunny! And deserves all that she has achieved!
So … I hope you haven’t all run and got your “sick buckets” … But really … it is a little hard to express how much fun it was … and what a wonderful “girls weekend” it was … without sounding soppy & sentimental! So … apologies to those who are now feeling queasy … but I just wanted to share what my favourite thing about the weekend was!
And … I also have to tell you … Convention is not only open to demonstrators! Any of our customers can share in all the fun & excitement! You can register as a “demonstrator guest” (you need a demo to go with) … and take part in everything! The fees are a little more expensive that demo fees … but you do get really good value for money! I didn’t think the fees were exhorbitant at all! I got plenty out of it … and came home with lots of goodies! So … maybe you might like to start saving now … for the 2010 Convention … YAY!!! It is in Sydney!!! Woo hoo! (Although … I feel so sorry that the WA girls have to travel so far again!)
Anyway, this was meant to be a really quick post … things to do!!! 😀 So I had better get going! I hope you enjoyed reading my Convention highlights! And … seeing some of the pics!!! It is a little self-indulgent … but I know some of you will enjoy seeing them!
Hi there hunny 🙂
I am soooo cranky I couldn’t make it to convention & looking at everyone’s photos just reminds me how much fun it really is & how much I missed out on….boo hoo, oh I just want to cry. We did have a great weekend but it just isn’t anywhere near the real thing.
Oh Tanya! We missed you! Start saving now hunny for next year! You just have to come! OK??? 😉
What a fantastic post, thanks so much for sharing all of your news. Congratulations to you for reaching the sales target and getting to walk across stage…that is just so awesome. You must have been walking on air. Your upline has also achieved so much, my heartfelt congratulations go out to her too.
I so get what you mean about the friendships being the best part of Convention, I’m sorry that I missed out on all of that. But I am going to start saving now for next year, as I would love to go to Sydney again. I hope you will be there too as I would love to meet you “for real”.
Thanks again for sharing so much, I am so glad that you had such a great time. From all your photos I can tell you had a blast.
Hope you have a wonderful week, I look forward to chatting soon.
Andrea adds: Hey Lee-Anne … what a lovely long comment! Thanks so much for stopping by … and yes … I am saving for Convention! Already! 😀
I just finished reading your post… WOW, you girls had SOOOOOOOO much FUN!! Plus all the chatting and relationships you built is VERY precious!! 🙂
A BIG “Con-grat’s” on the 20(K) sales award… Whoo, Hoo! I’m SO happy for you… really cool Andrea! With all the excitement and ideas flowing that will pass down to your down line and customers for sure… I’m excited to see more! He 🙂 I’m off to bed now, but will be back to check out your cards that are posted. Thanks for sharing… 🙂
Andrea adds: “Precious” is such a GREAT word! Describes our time together perfectly! Thanks Michelle!
Comments are closed.