Phew! After all those long winded posts I thought you might be hanging for a card or two??? So … I thought I would show you my Convention Swaps! I know … I have been promising for ages!
Because we were a little late arriving at Convention … we missed the opportunity to swap before it started. There were LOTS of girls who had already run out totally of swaps. But … this did mean a little more leisurely swapping over lunch … and before we started on Day 2! And … I managed to get rid of all but 3 (which I saved for my downlines!) So … here are the 50 all ready to leave for Canberra …I did a bit of a “white” theme! …
Don’t they look impressive??? Well … I actually thought so until I went to Convention … then mine looked absolutely amateurish!!!!!! I had better start now for Regionals in September!!! 😀
This “Pacific Garden” card was one I CASED from Jenny H‘s Mothers Day Team swap. I loved the design so much and the little touch of extra colour … but just tweaked the design a little. (Jenny doesn’t have her card on her blog … but I showed it to you in a recent post. Just click on “swaps” under Categories to see it.)
- Stamp Sets: Garden Whimsy, Cheer & Wishes, Sanded Background
- Ink Pads: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Pink Passion
- Card & Papers:
- Pacific Point: 13.8 x 10 cm + 7.3 x 4.3 cm
- Bashful Blue: 13.3 x 8 cm
- Whisper White: 14.8 x 21 cm + 7 x 4 cm
- Accessories: Pink Passion Marker, Eyelet Border Punch, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, dimensionals, tombow glue, silver “cachous” balls
- Technique: Rock & Roll on main image flower
Here is another that actually has hardly any stamping!!! …
This is my “Tangerine Tango Wishes” card and I do have to acknowledge inspiration from Denise Marzec (scroll down to her 3rd pic) and although my colours give a totally different look I thought the final result was quite “pretty”!
- Stamp Sets: Short & Sweet
- Ink Pads: Tangerine Tango
- Card & Paper:
- Whisper White: 14.8 x 18 cm
- Tangerine Tango Patterns DSP: 6 x 18 cm + scrap for punching 5 petal flower
- Tangerine Tango Card: 8.3 x 5.3 cm + scrap for punching trio flowers
- Blush Blossom Card: 8 x 5 cm
- Accessories: 5 petal flower punch, trio flower punch, horizontal slot punch, eyelet border punch, whisper white grosgrain ribbon, sponge daubers, mini glue dots, tombow glue, silver “cachous” icing balls.
- Techniques: Punching, Sponging (around edges of all flowers)
And one last one (for now – I will do some more later) …
This is one of my latest favourite stamp sets. And … originally I had it “monochrome” but decided to add the navy for a little extra colour. I think “Fresh Cuts Kiwi Kiss” worked well! I got the inspiration for this card from one of my FAV blogs! Silke Ledlow has the most beautifully elegant designs!
- Stamp Sets: Fresh Cuts
- Ink Pads: Kiwi Kiss, Night of Navy
- Card & Papers:
- Whisper White: 29.6 x 10.5 cm (top fold card), 8 x 8 cm, 3 x 6 cm
- Kiwi Kiss: 14.8 x 9 cm, 3.3 x 6.3 cm
- Accessories: Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon, Green square rhinestone brad, Stampin’ dimensionals, Eyelet Punch, Paper Piercer & Mat, Sponge Daubers
- Techniques: Stamp on Stamp, Sponging
So … I hope you are already pulling out your stamp sets to have a go at these??? I know you will find them really really easy. I would love to see your creations!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock (with inspiration from some wonderful stamping friends!)
Thanks Andrea for sharing your convention photos and stories. I think I missed out on some fun there! I’m going to start saving now for next year.
Thanks for sharing your swaps too. They are great.
Andrea adds: Oh well … there’s always next year Jenny … and I would start saving … it is soooo worth it!
Your swaps are lovely Andrea, they all look fantastic. I especially love the one on the very right of the table. I love how you’ve used the chocolate ribbon and added the touch of silver. Is that the Eastern Blooms set?
Thanks for sharing 🙂
Andrea adds: Yep, Lee-Anne … Eastern Blooms … just doing a post now to show you that one! 😀
I stamp with Vanessa Webb on the south coast of NSW, and I had to post something after I read that you felt your swaps were amateurish??? They are beautiful!
I often feel that sometimes cards can be too busy with colour and bling, but your swaps are exactly what I like – and what Vanessa tends to do too!
They are all beautiful cards, and you should be proud of your colour schemes and efforts! Well Done!
Andrea adds: Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop and encourage! That was so nice! Small world … My upline is Ness Webb! She is a lovely friend of mine. Hope you continue to enjoy your stamping!
WOW’ZA!! Just adorable swap cards and I LOVE the white card base… 🙂 You always have a fun style and that perfect WOW to your cards… I SO admire that!!
Sorry about me posting 5 minutes here and then back again. We have Alex our Kinship partner over tonight and he’s sleeping in the spare bedroom. Just heard a loud “THUMP” and I ran upstairs to see if he fell out of bed… LOL! He’s fine, he was up and couldn’t figure where he was, then he seen me and realized what was going on. He does sleep walk, so I took it slowly to not scare him. Not that you need to know all this… LOL! Chat more soon.. Michelle 🙂
Andrea adds: Hee Hee … enjoyed your sleep walking story! (even if I didn’t need to know it)! Love having you visit … it always brightens my day!
Hi I just came across your blog and I thought I leave you a comment to say I love all your swaps they look fantastic. I wish I’d gone to convention, I would have loved to have recieved one of your swaps. It looks like you put a lot of work in them!!!
Andrea adds: Hello Tracey! Thanks for taking the time to stop and say hi! As soon as my computer is up and working again … I will pop by your blog! (Just borrowing a puter at the moment!) Hope you can get to next Convention – in Sydney next May!
Comments are closed.