Hi everyone! Well … I am only here because I am too tired to think … so that is my excuse for having a break from planning my next workshop! I can only hope I will feel like it tomorrow because I still have a bit to do!
So … instead of working I thought I would share my last two Convention swaps with you … and then perhaps tomorrow (if I find some time) I will show you some of the gorgeous projects from Convention!
Lee-Anne left a comment today … and asked if one of the cards was done with Eastern Blooms! Yay! Lee-Anne … you were right! What a good eye you have! I am with Lee-Anne … LOVE these colours together. It has to be one of my favourite in-colour combos! I have called this “Eastern Breezes”! (Aren’t I so creative! 😉 ) And … just wanted to thank Silke again for some inspiration for this card!
- Stamp Sets: Eastern Blooms, Family Phrases & Sanded Background (sorry – left that one off my recipe sheet on my swap cards!)
- Ink Pads: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
- Card & Paper:
- Whisper White: 14.8 x 21 cm + 9 x 6 cm
- Baja Breeze: 14.8 x 6 cm
- Chocolate Chip: 9.3 x 6.3 cm
- Accessories: Chocolate Chip Marker, Not Quite Navy marker, Trio Flower Punch, 1/2 ” circle punch, white gel pen, silver cord (ret. SU!), 20cm chocolate chip wide grosgrain ribbon, sponge daubers, mini glue dots, dimensionals, silver “cachous” icing balls, tombow glue.
- Techniques: Sponging, Multi colour image – marker on rubber, Marker sponging (around edge of punched flowers)
You can’t quite see it in this pic … but the three punched flowers are mounted with dimensionals and are actually sitting up off the card. These trio flowers were edged with markers to give a slight sponged look.
My last swap was such a pretty one … and really really easy … but did take a little time to do all the layering. Another idea from Silke gave me the inspiration for this card. But … she had also CASED this from another blog friend! Isn’t it wonderful how we can all share ideas with each other!!!This card is called “Priceless Hearts”
- Stamp sets: Priceless + “any small phrase”
- Ink Pads: Regal Rose
- Card & Paper:
- Whisper White: 29.6 x 10.5 cm (top fold card) + 5 x 1.3 cm + scraps
- Pink Pirouette: 14 x 6 cm + 14 x 5 cm + 5.3 x 1.6 cm
- Regal Rose: 14 x 7 cm + 5.6 x 1.9 cm
- Accessories: 12 cm regal rose wide grosgrain ribbon, silver cord (ret. SU!), 2mm hand circle punch, 3mm hand circle punch, dimensionals, scallop edge punch, 1 3/8″ circle punch, paper piercer and mat
So … that is all my swaps for Convention! It was so much fun going back to the hotel room each night and checking out all the swaps we had received in return. I have already CASED one for my workshop this coming Saturday. I have oooodles of ideas now!!!
I wonder if you got one of my swaps??? If you did … I hope you could just stop in and say hi! It would be lovely to find out who took one of mine home! I would love you to leave a comment if you did! (I’m not looking for praise … really & truly … I am just interested to know! 🙂 )
Better go to bed before I decide to check Facebook out and find I am here for another hour. I really can’t do that tonight … just tooooooo tired. I think today my big weekend has finally caught up with me!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock (with inspiration from some wonderful stamping friends!)