Hi … here is another colour challenge! Phew! I sure am making up for lost time!!! 😉 This is Kristina’s latest Colour Inspiration … and I have to admit … I nearly didn’t do this one! I took one look at the colours … and said “YUCK”!!!!! These are definitely NOT my favourite colours … you all know how I feel about Pacific Point!!! 😀 But … I decided that this was after all a “CHALLENGE” … so I thought I should challenge myself and try this one out!!!
Just where to start??? Oh dear … this was going to be tricky! And … I wasn’t wrong!!! This card took AGES to create … I kept changing things that I wasn’t happy with. My Mojo had really done a runner with this one! So … I apologise in advance for this card. It really is an ‘UNFAVOURITE’ of mine!!! 😀 😮
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Summer Sun, Basic Black
- Inks: Pacific Point, Real Red, Summer Sun, Basic Black stamp pads + Real Red, Summer Sun Markers
- Stamp Sets: Circle Circus, All Year Cheer II
- Punches: Scallop Edge, Scallop Circle, 1 1/4″ circle, 3/4″ circle
- Accessories: Black brads, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, Black gingham ribbon, Blue Rhinestone Brad, Crimper
- Details: Multi colour image was created using marker directly to rubber (Pacific Point was added using a blender pen & stamp pad)
Anyway, I decided that I do need some more inspiration for these BOLD COLOURS … and thought I might offer some Blog Candy for the best submission! So … here is what you have to do!
- Create a card using the colours for this challenge
- Email a picture of your card to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a COMMENT here on this blog post … to tell me about your card
- OR … if you have your own blog … leave a comment on this post with a link to your card pic on your blog.
I am keen to have HEAPS of entries! So … get that mojo going now!!! So … I would like to contrast the “ugly” with the “lovely”. Here is some infinitely better inspiration to get you started. Now … this is just such a gorgeous card … and I think Tracey actually got it right … she DIDN’T use too much white! Perhaps that is where I went wrong???
You will find the details for this card at Tracey’s blog -> Tracey’s Colour Challenge #53. Thanks Tracey for allowing me to use this pic of your card!
Tracey wasn’t sure about the yellow … but I think she has done a fantastic job of combining the colours. I actually really like these colours on this card! And … isn’t the hat pin with the beads a lovely finish! (Must get mine out again!) Thanks Tracey for showing us how it is done!!!
And … if you need a little more inspiration … here is the link to Kristina’s blog with all the entries for her challenge! -> KWerner.
I have a pack of 12″ x 12″ ’08 In-Colour Cardstock & a pack of “Spring Showers” DSP up for grabs!!! (The great thing about Spring Showers is that the colours in these papers are all from the regular colour families … so they are always current!!!)
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009 Artwork by Andrea Lowcock & Tracey Old (Q’ld)