Thu 28/5: I have scheduled this to arrive while I am away for the weekend! I hope works ok & it is posted Saturday morning (AUS EST)
I promised I would show you some of the pretty cards I recently made with the “Friends 24-7” stamp set. You will remember that I was really taken with Shelli’s demonstration … and rushed home from Convention to order this set! And … I was really thrilled that I had. I love how versatile this set is … so I have two cards to show you today … and will show you another two tomorrow!
- Stamps: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel
- Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla
- Inks used: Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal
- Markers: Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink
- Accessories: Very Vanilla gathered ribbon (last year Ribbon originals) Square Rhinestone Brads, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, Sponge Daubers, Small oval punch, Large oval punch
- Details: Certainly Celery background card – stamped with Friendly Words wheel in certainly celery and sponged edges with Close to Cocoa. Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette & Apricot Appeal card – edges torn & sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. Apricot Appeal card – stamped with flourish from “Friends 24-7” set with AA ink & sponged edge with Close to Cocoa. Vanilla card also sponged with Close to Cocoa on edges. Main image stamped with Close to Cocoa, coloured in with fine tip of markers. Dazzling Diamonds added to flowers with glue.
The second card is a totally different look. I wasn’t too sure about these colours … (you know how I feel about Pacific Point) … but I actually quite liked the result.
I think the secret is not to use tooooo much Pacific Point … so it is not too overbearing!
- Stamp Set: “Friends 24-7”
- Card & Papers: Pink Pirouette Patterns DSP (top half of card), Whisper White, Pink Pirouette & Pacific Point card
- Inks used: Pink Pirouette & Pacific Point
- Accessories: Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Blue Rhinestone Brads, Blue Chunky Sprinkles, Small oval punch, Large oval punch, Wide oval punch, 1/2″ circle punch, Sponge daubers, White Gel pen, Tombow Adhesive.
- Details: Bottom half of card is stamped with flower image in Pink Pirouette ink and also the flourish stamp is stamped with Pacific Point (stamped off first – to give softer colour). Main image stamped with Pacific Point and then sponged with Pink Pirouette. Chunky Sprinkles glued with Tombow Glue.
Back tomorrow with two more cards using this set!!! You can see a sneak peek just below!!! 😉
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009 Artwork by Andrea Lowcock