I am feeling a little better … still have a cough … and a fever … but at least the aches have subsided. I don’t want to be a “Melman” … so don’t worry … I will be fine in a day or so!!! 😉
I spent a little time playing this morning … while the kids all went to see the latest Harry Potter movie. I decided not to go and share my germs around … but Skye probably shouldn’t have either!!! 😀 I thought I would check out Makeesha’s latest challenge … and look at these yummy colours!!!
For some reason … I reached for my newest Christmas set … these are definitely Chrissy colours!!! And … it’s never too early to make a start on some Chrissy cards!!! We are using this set for one of the cards at my Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow … so here is another sample for you to try! And … there are plenty more samples created by Keesh’s design team … as well as more submissions for the challenge in the comments! Check them all here -> ICC #10
Isn’t this a gorgeous set!? I can see already that it is going to be really versatile … and I can’t wait to try embossing the tree sometime!
- Stamp Set: Snow Swirled
- Cardstock & Papers:
- Very Vanilla – A5 (14.8 x 21cm) + 10 x 8 cm + scrap for phase
- Rose Red – 10 x 8 cm
- Mellow Moss – scrap for stamping snowflakes & punching
- Holiday Harmony DSP (ret. SU!)
- Ink Pads: Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss
- Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon (ret. SU!)
- Very Vanilla half pearl
- Non SU! half pearls (small)
- Punches: Triple flower punch, Scallop Oval punch (new in Aug-Nov 09 mini catalogue)
- Mellow Moss snowflakes stamped on vanilla background have been “stamped off” before stamping onto cardstock.
- Satin ribbon flower – Pomegranate ribbon is folded in half lengthwise and a gathering stitch is run along close to the folded edge of the ribbon. Pull the gathering stitches up and the ribbon forms a flower … take ends to the back and secure with a few extra stitches. Add half pearl to centre with pop up glue dot.
My Christmas in July Stamp-a-stack is on tomorrow … and I am so looking forward to sharing some time with some of my special “groupies”. I will show you more of the samples after the class!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.