Hi everyone … I have been having so much fun doing the cyberstamp challenges this weekend … still have two to catch up on … but most I have completed!!! It was a hoot playing the scavenger hunt! Manic, actually!!!! And … I lost the bingo!!! But … it was heaps of fun!!! It was just a bunch of SU! demos playing together … but I met some really nice ladies … and got to see some gorgeous creations for the challenges.
This morning I am showing you a card that I did last week for another favourite challenge blog … and I decided to use the same sketch layout for one of the colour challenges for the cyberstamp … so I thought I would show you both!
This is the sketch design from “The Fresh Batch” – the Stamps & Smiles weekly challenge blog …Check out the gorgeous designs for this challenge here -> SASSC23.
I just think this is the cutest sketch … and I am sure I will use it again and again! So … here is the card I created last week …
And … did you notice??? Another sneak peek of the “Forest Friends” stamp set from the BRAND NEW Spring Mini Catalogue that is starting THIS SATURDAY!!!
- Stamp Sets: Forest Friends, You & Moi
- Cardstock & Papers:
- Pink Pirouette: 14.8 x 14.8 cm + scrap for scallop circle
- Chocolate Chip: Scrap for scallop circle
- Riding Hood Red: Scrap for scallop circle
- Whisper White: 12 x 5 cm
- Bella Rose DSP: 14.5 x 7.1 cm – cut 2 cm strip from this DSP & “flip over” to show opposite side of paper
- Inks: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette
- Extras: White Ric Rac (ret. SU!), White Dew Drops, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8″ Circle Punch
The first challenge for our CYBERSTAMP weekend was a “use limited colour” challenge … and we were given these colours:
So Saffron, Basic Grey, Whisper White
“Yikes!” … Yep! That was my first reaction … but I actually love the final result … even though the colours threw me for a minute! Not very “pretty” … but … ok … it WAS meant to be a CHALLENGE!!! I decided to use this same sketch again … with the same stamp set … because it was a CUTE stamp set … so maybe I could somehow create something pretty??? Here is the result … what do you think???
I actually was quite pleased with the result. Not my favourite colours … but they actually DO work well together, don’t you think? It helped that I had some DSP in both colours … which made the backgrounds more interesting …
- Cardstock & Papers: So Saffron (14.8 x 14.8cm), So Saffron DSP (5.1 x 14.5 cm), Basic Grey DSP (2 x 14.5cm), Scraps of Basic Grey, So Saffron & Whisper White for scallop circles, Whisper White Card ( 5 x 12 cm)
- Extras: White ric rac (ret. SU!), So Saffron designer flower brads (NEW MINI CATTY), Paper Piercer & mat, Sponge Daubers, Yellow Rhinestone Brad, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8″ Circle Punch
- Inks: Basic Grey, So Saffron
- Stamp Sets: Forest Friends, Best Yet (phrase – Hostess Level 1)
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.