I thought I might share another card … cos I soooo dislike the one I shared with you earlier!!! Why did I post that card??? I guess it was because it was a rather nice sketch layout … and also to remind you that a colour combo might not work for you … but believe me … I did see some other gorgeous ideas for that colour combo … so just keep working on the balance of colour if you are unhappy!
So … I decided that I might have another go at the colour challenge … and this time try a different approach!
Here is my new attempt!!! …
Much better … don’t you think??? Phew! I was beginning to think I had really lost my MOJO!
- Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, On Your Birthday
- Cardstock: Riding Hood Red – A5 (21 x 14.8 cm); Very Vanilla – 10.1 x 14.5 cm; Bordering Blue – scraps, More Mustard – scraps
- Inks: Basic Grey, More Mustard, Bordering Blue, Riding Hood Red
- Extras: Sponge Daubers, Blue Dew Drops (non SU!), Paper Piercer and mat, Dotto
- Notes: I have used an oval window mask and stuck it to the vanilla card with some “dotto” – which is removable glue (a bit like the glue on post it notes). This just holds it firm while you work. I stamped the tree image inside the window and sponged around the edge with the yellow & blue inks … then I removed the mask and stamped the phrase onto the bottom of the image.
Hope you are looking forward to a lovely weekend. C U again soon!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.