Now … this was a different kind of challenge (from our cyberstamping weekend) … and I must admit … the second half of this was done REALLY quickly … as I had a thumping headache and just wanted to go to bed …
The first part of this challenge was to create some gift tags using “new embellishments & old ribbon” … here is my attempt!
You can see that I based these tags on one of the recent Christmas cards that I made for my Christmas in July event. So … it didn’t take long at all. But … I have to say … I haven’t had these flower designer brads for long … and I think they make a stunning addition to a card! Don’t you think??? So … that is one part of the challenge criteria … NEW Flower Designer Brads … and the OLD??? … this was the pretty white SU! organza ribbon … which is no longer available (why??? I am so not sure … cos it is really pretty ribbon! … and really useful!!!)
- Stamp Set: Snow Swirled
- Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky (ret. in colour), Pretty in Pink
- Cut for each colour – 10 x 6 cm + 10 x 5.5 cm + scrap for scallop circle embellishment
- Cut extra for bag topper: Almost Amethyst – 13 x 11 cm + extra scrap for another scallop circle
- Inks: Versamark (embossing), Whisper White (sponging on edges)
- Extras: Eyelet Border Punch, Lge Flower Brads, Dazzling Diamonds/Heat & Stick powder combo (snowflakes), Silver Embossing powder (phrase), Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Powder Pals, Sponge Dauber
I also created a gift pack with a cellophane bag and a topper to display these tags and make them into a gift for someone special! Isn’t this a lovely idea for a gift!? 😀 Sorry about the photography. I have decided it really is much better to photograph cards in daylight … rather than trying to get a good balance between colour & flash! To catch the sparkle often means that the pic is washed out or the colour isn’t accurate! And … because these are in cellophane … that made it even harder!!! Note to self: ONLY PHOTOGRAPH CARDS DURING THE DAY!!!
So … the 2nd half of the embellishment challenge …
Create a card using “old embellishments & new ribbon” … now remember … by this stage the headache was setting in … so you will have to overlook the uneveness of the brads along the bottom!!! I like the effect … I just wish I took a little more time placing them better!!!
So … this adorable stamp image is from “A Kind Word” from the current IB&C. I love this little set … and really should use it more often.
- Stamp Sets: A Kind Word, Oval All (Spring Mini Catalogue)
- Inks: Basic Brown stamp pad and Markers: Apricot Appeal, Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery
- Whisper White – 10.5 x 29.6 cm + 14.2 x 9.9 cm + 8.7 x 6.5 cm + scrap for oval
- Tangerine Tango – 10.2 x 14.5 cm
- Tangerine Tango Patterns DSP – 12.5 x 7 cm
- Sweet Always DSP (Chocolate) – 12.5 x 3 cm + scrap for oval
- Chocolate Chip – 9.2 x 6.8 cm
- OLD: Copper “vintage” brads (ret. SU!)
- NEW: Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain ribbon
- Punches: Large oval punch, Scallop Oval punch (Spring Mini Catalogue)
Phew! So … that is another marathon post … with plenty of ideas for you to try! I think I have now showed you all my Cyberstamp projects. (All the ones I found time to finish) It was a fun weekend … and I really enjoyed meeting some Aussie demos and spending a bit of time chatting & giggling & competing in the challenges! I hope you enjoyed seeing them all!
But … don’t worry … I have plenty more to share! Be back soon!!! 😉 😀
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.