I had a wonderful time playing during the holidays … and still have heaps to share. I love it when I can just sit and get my MOJO going … without any responsibilities or commitments. (This only happens when we are home & sick … I think!!! 😀 ) But … don’t worry … all recovered now … and plenty to show you!
I love my Petal Pizzaz stamp set … and it is particularly GREAT for creating scrapbooking embellishments!!! (I have a couple of pages to show you soon!!! … but not today!!!)
What a great idea for this first card …
Don’t you love how simple this one is … but how pretty! And … how clever is the punched window!!! BTW – the oval image is actually centred in the window … it just looks a little off centre because the card is slightly open!!! 😉 I got this idea from a card created by Amanda Coughlin -> “StampVamps” … (I often find it helpful to “google” the name of a stamp set if you need some inspiration!!!)
- Stamp Sets: Petal Pizzazz, Oval All (Spring Mini)
- Inks: Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink + Almost Amethyst SU! Marker – used to stitch around scallop window
- Cardstock & Papers:
- Almost Amethyst – A5 (21 x 14.8 cm)
- Almost Amethyst Patterns DSP (ret. SU!) – 10.5 x 7 cm
- Whisper White – scraps for stamping & punching / cutting images
- Extras: 3/4″ circle punch, scallop circle punch, scallop oval punch (spring mini), large oval punch, white ric rac (ret. SU!)
You can see how easy it was to create this one … just some quick stamping and punching and cutting! The scallop circle punch fits this flower stamp perfectly!!! Love it!!! Here is another card … that I have used the same colour theme for. (CASED from Margaret L Crawford -> “Stamps Ahead” – Margaret used a different stamp set but similar soft colours.)
Easy! Easy! Easy! And … soooooo quick!!! I stamped all the colours directly onto the white strip EXCEPT the Sage Shadow – which I “stamped off” on scrap paper first. For some reason it had a much deeper colour and stood out too much. (You will notice I forgot to stamp off ONE of the stems!!! 😀 ) But … I had already stamped this strip twice (because I had over done the number of images the first time!!!) … so I decided just to let it go!!! Now … you can all laugh at that green stem … and know that it is really annoying me!!! 😀
- Stamp Sets: Petal Pizzazz, Sweet Serendipity (ret. SU!)
- Inks: Almost Amethyst, Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink
- Whisper White – A5 (21 x 14.8cm) + 14.8 x 6 cm + scraps for extra flowers
- Almost Amethyst – 14.8 x 6.4 cm
- Extras: Lavender Rhinestone Brad
See what I mean by “Easy” … such a short Card Recipe!!! I have another two gorgeous Petal Pizzazz cards … and my Scrap pages still to show you … maybe tomorrow??? I hope so!!! Until then … have a great day!
Images copyright © Stampin’ Up! ® 1997—2009. Artwork by Andrea Lowcock.
oooo I do like these cards – nearly making me want another set … hmmm wonder if i can get this with my freebie from su??
Andrea adds: Hi Leonie … go on!!! I dare ya! I actually got this one for free from Sale-a-bration! It was a good choice!!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Andrea xxx
wonderful cards, simple, but perfect!
greetings – Regina
Andrea adds: Yes … sometimes simple is just so lovely!!! I often think I overdo my cards … but I think it is just a balance!!! Sometimes lotsa layers is nice … sometimes you just feel like simple! Hugs xxx
Comments are closed.