Giggle … I forgot to post this card yesterday … and … now it is tooo late! I have missed the deadline for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge #5!!! For someone who hates to be late … I seem to do that all the time with my challenges! But …
thankfully … I had teamed this with this week’s INKspirations Colour Challenge #90 and it is still RUNNING!!! 😀 Keesh has a lovely colour combo … and I enjoyed getting out my inks again … after a quiet stamping week.
Now … this was created on a quiet Saturday afternoon … and because it was so quiet I turned the TV on for company. I ended up quite distracted watching “The Way We Were” (Robert Redford & Barbara Streisand). So … whilst I am kinda happy with this card … I was a tad unfocussed on my stamping! I am not sure about the “sponged panel” (main feature card piece – was white card to begin with). But … I guess it is passable! I am thinking my mojo is flagging a little because of underuse … well … that’s my excuse, anyway!
My “real” work is beckoning … no car today … so I may as well make good use of the enforced time at home and get it done! 😀 C U soon! Hugsxx
Oh no! I always miss deadlines too…it is horrible! But your card is gorgeous, thank you for sharing and I hope you will be back Andrea!
– Thanks for popping by, Lesley … I will definitely be back to play again! 😉 Hugs xx
Great to hear Andrea!! See you again soon.
– Played along today, Lesley! Hope you like it! Hugs xx
You are way too hard on yourself! This card is beautiful – love the colour combo & that gorgeous flower!! And I love the sponged panel – it is really eyecatching! I think you got to enjoy the movie and make a great card ~ well done ~ multitasking!!
Have a great day! Thanks for sharing!
– Was definitely multi-tasking … and not really concentrating on either! But … I still enjoyed both! 😀 Thanks for popping by! Hugs xx
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches …. I am so glad you linked us back to you … your card is wonderful Andrea, these colours are totally gorgeous and your card truly reflects femininity and grace … the sponging on the centre panel adds a lovely contrast and is so fitting with your design.
I hope that you will join us again tomorrow for our new sketch challenge!!!
– Thanks Tui for your welcome … and encouragement. I plan to play along this week! Hopefully I will get the next in on time! Hugs xx
If I had a nickel (which is the equivalent of five cents in the US!) for every time I forgot to post a card for a challenge, I’d be rich by now! Your card is gorgeous. This is one of those stamps sets that I couldn’t put down when it first came out and now it’s sitting lost and neglected in my stamping stash. Thanks for reminding me how wonderful it is and thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
– Wow! What a wonderful response … from the DT at Freshly Made Sketches … even when I was late!!! Thanks for the lovely feedback! Hugs xx
Wow! Andrea you have been busy this week. I have just stopped by to catch up on all your creating beauties. Love them. I don’t know how you find all the time to keep up with the challenges now you are a working woman!!!
TFS your lovely work!
Love and hugs,
– Sometimes I wonder too, Jenny! But … I love my blog friends so much … that I feel compelled to leave something for them each day! 😀 Thanks for popping by! Hugs xx
i love this and your sponging panel looks fantastic, this card makes me want to break out this set again, i haven’t inked it up for awhile now.
– Hi Sharna! I hadn’t inked it up in a little while either … it was like coming home to an old friend! Warm and snuggly! Hugs xx
Nuts you missed it darl…but the card….I LOVE!!!!!! I love Razz and I think the sponged panel is a stunner. Too PURDY. Def has the “Andrea Factor” which (to me) is a definitely quantifiable measure!!! 😛 ooxx
– As always … my no. 1 fan! Thanks hunny! Hugs xx
Super pretty! Love how you used those colours and the beautiful flower you added!
– I am so thrilled with the lovely response from the Freshly Made Sketch girls! So … I am about to sit down and do the next one … to make sure I get it in in time! 😉 Hugs xx
It’s never too late to post a card Andrea. So pretty! Love all the pink. The flower is gorgeous! The brad looks perfect with it. I never would’ve thougth that the sponging was not planned that way. ;o)
– Thanks for the lovely compliments, Monika! I love having you pop by! Hugs xx
I think the inking looks pretty cool and I LOVE that gorgeous flower with that fabulous… brad? button? Whatever it is it’s awesome! 🙂
And thank you for visiting so much even though I’ve been totally MIA. You rock! And I’m loving the new look of the blog by the way! 🙂
– I have been MIA from blog hopping for a while, too, Jen! Just starting to get back into it! It is a vintage brad (SU!) Thanks for the lovely comment! Hugs xx
I love this one too, though you know me… if I get to case this I would do it in blues! I haven’t used this stamp set in a while. Will have to remember to get it out when Chrstmas is sorted!
– I really wonder sometimes why I NEED new stamp sets … when I have a gazillion of them??? But … I seem to want NEW … and get bored with the OLD! But … it is nice to get an old favourite out and remember how much you like playing with it! 🙂 Hugs xx
Well done on relaxing & stamping,I think you’ve done a beautiful job while combining the two! Love your design Andrea & that flower is absolutely fantastic! Great use of the challenge colours too. 🙂
– In the end … I found the colours a little tricky to balance. I think I need more “white” with this one … but it is kinda nice! Hugs xx
Comments are closed.