Most of my bloggies (blog buddies) will know that I am a very devoted SU! user after being a demo for nearly 5 years … BUT … I must admit … that I do have lots more NON-SU! goodies now that I am not longer a demo. I have a few favourite ‘go-to’ craft shops … but the main one I now order from is Simon Says Stamps. It just is such a ‘one-stop’ shop! It is rare not to find what I am looking for there! Anyway … I decided that a recent card I made fitted the bill for the SSS Work it Wednesday challenge for March 2016! So … here is my PASTEL sample …
Be kind! I haven’t done a challenge in months! But … it is kinda nice to have a go! I have used 3 different white cardstock for this card … basic white + glossy white + glimmer white. The hearts die cut is a new Simon Says Stamps die called “Love Bouquet”… just gorgeous and beautifully detailed without being too fussy! The sentiment die is from another FAV supplier Paper Smooches called “Always & Forever” … I bought it directly from PS but I think SSS might stock it as well.
Here are some snaps with more detail … remember you can click on any to open a slide show of full size pics!
- Cut card base – white cardstock – 10.5 x 29.7cm … score @ 14.85cm
- Cut glimmer mat – 8.5 x 12.85cm
- Cut 1 white cardstock – 8 x 12.35cm (for main front panel) – cut die into centre and discard the die cut out – (keep it for another card!!) – remember to keep the tiny ‘bits’ from the centre of the leaves and flowers … you will need them!
- Cut 1 glossy cardstock – 8 x 12.35 cm (for pastel rainbow die insert) Using watercolour paints do a rainbow wash diagonally across card … then cut die into centre and discard the ‘background’ piece of card and the ‘tiny bits’.
- Cut 2 centre hearts using die from glimmer card scrap.
- Glue the main die cut panel onto the glimmer layer. Glue the fine rainbow die cut and the hearts into position and also add the ‘tiny bits’ of white card inside the leaves & flowers.
- On another scrap of glossy card do a watercolour wash and then cut sentiment.
- Assemble card and glue sentiment in position. Add rhinestones.
This card looks a lot more complicated than it really is! I am sure you would manage it! 😀 Sometimes it is hard to work out if the die piece is glued ON TO the top of the white mat or INTO the white mat. In this case it is INTO the white mat. Does this make sense? 🙄 ?? Well I will get this linked up … and then off to do my groceries! Have a great day! Hugs xxx
Lovely. The glimmer paper is perfect for the hearts.
Pretty, isn’t it! xx
Comments are closed.